Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Quad Cities and the Blue Collar Band

Last weekend Cely and I decided it was time to go pick up Cupcake (Cupcake's Facebook page) and bring her to her new home. We had taken her to June's house in order to help sell our home in Corvallis. I think it worked because the house sold in 3 days.

On Friday, before we left, I got an e-mail from Carol Anne Chouteau saying that the Blue Collar Band had cut a CD and wanted to send me one. She also mentioned that they were having a release party on Saturday night. So Cely and I called some friends, Tony, Maria and Jim, and Rick and we all went to the gig. Carol Anne was in top form as usual and they had a big crowd. The Blue Collar Band has a big following in the Quad Cities and are a lot of fun to hear. Check them out if you ever get a chance. This is us at Martinis on the Rock having a couple of beers and listening to the music. I had a great time because I got to hear Carol Anne and see some friends from the St. Ambrose University Library

No comments: