Monday, June 01, 2009

UW Eau Claire Ropes Course

Last week I went to the last meeting of the 2009 Leadership Eau Claire group. Each of these days, dedicated to allowing our groups to know themselves and the community, have included something terrific. The last meeting did not disappoint. In the afternoon we went to the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire Eagles View Challenge Ropes Course. I was thinking that there would be no way that I could get up in the air and complete some of these challenges but I was able to conquer my fears. I was thrilled that I could face my fear of heights. Lisa Schuetz took pictures of the event and has the proof that I actually went up on the "Pamper Pole" and swung by cables over the bluff above the Chippewa River. Below are some pictures from the universities site that show the ropes course.

The first picture shows the cable swing that shoots you out over the river valley. The second shows the "vines course". I didn't make it all the way to the other telephone pole (it was just out of reach when I pooped out) on this exercise. My balance was so bad that I ended up hanging from the vines for the most part. The bottom picture is of someone up about 25 feet in the air getting ready to jump off the pole and try to catch a trapeze bar. I made it to the top of the pole and jumped off but missed the bar. It was exhilarating!

No comments: