Sunday, January 29, 2006

San Antonio - Some things I missed

A couple of more thoughts about San Antonio.

I wanted to add a picture or two also. Cely and I really enjoyed San Antonio even though we really didn't get to explore very much. I think we will go back again sometime. I would have liked to spend more time at the Alamo and Cely wanted to explore around the Villita.

But also important was that we found a fun restaurant,
Mi Tierra Cafe and Panaderia. The food was really pretty good and we had a great waiter the first night we went there. He helped make sure my meal was vegetarian. They are open 24 hours a day and have a good selection of pan dulces that are very fresh and tasty. They use a painting of Zapata as part of their decoration for t-shirts and other gifts in their gift shop. Cely and I picked up aprons for Emil, Alexis, and Adrienne. We started by buying one for Emil since he is so into cooking Mexican food and Emiliano is his tocayo. All of them are becoming good cooks. Its good to know that they are keeping up the tradition of good cooks. I sent the aprons off to the three today.

Since Cely couldn't get around much we ended up going to see a movie on the last day we were there, waiting until we had to catch our plane. There was a cinema pretty close so we went to see Last Holiday with Queen Latiffa. It was very predictable but also very enjoyable. I like movies like that, light, funny, and a little romantic.

Speaking of movies, we saw two good ones this weekend. Friday night we saw Woody Allen's newest movie, Match Point. It was pretty good. Cely liked it more than I did. We both thought it was well put together and the story was engrossing. Today we saw Syriana which was very complex but riveting. It took a lot of work to follow all that was going on. It left me feeling a little depressed about the world situation and what we in the US do to help mess it up.

Well that's it for now.

No comments: